Friday, September 26, 2014

God's Perfect Faithfulness


Isaiah 25:1
Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.

I'm inching closer to finishing and adding the last touches on the first novel in the new Adventures in The Glade series, one which will continue the story of Davy and the Old Ones, along with his family and friends from the original Glade Series.  This is no sauntering nor casual stroll through the park for me.  With all senses in full gear, I tackle these words I've written with fresh awareness and judicious criticism.  There is no room for the mediocre when God's message requires revelation and inspiration.  I am trusting in Him to both guide and provide.

Throughout this process, I've become so acutely aware of God's perfect faithfulness.  Not once has He let me down.  Oh, to be sure, there are passages with which I've struggled to reconstruct, or to find the exact words which communicate the message I intend, but it isn't long before I hear His voice, measured and clear, pushing my fingers to the keys and producing the writing He has envisioned all along.

Planned long ago . . .

Do I understand?

No.

Do I accept?

Yes.

How could I do otherwise?

God has graced me with the talent and passion for writing, to create stories which honor and glorify Him.  I give thanks every single day for this gift, and pray to use it wisely and well.  That being said, I'm back in the blogging business, my friends.  You can now anticipate regular posts every Tuesday and Friday here at Meditations of My Heart.  And, I'm returning to it fresh, recharged and ready to go.  To reflect here upon God's Word and, I hope, offer you some meaningful inspiration for your day.

Blessings to all of you!

~

Are you pursuing your passion in life?  How does God assure you He is in it all?

Prayer:  Father, may we exalt You and praise Your name each and every day.  Let us trust in Your perfect faithfulness, knowing the wonderful things you have prepared for our lives were planned long ago.  May all that we think, do or say be to Your honor and glory.  Amen.

6 comments:

  1. So glad to hear an update on your writing and how you use it to glorify God. You are inspiring!! so glad we connected!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad we connected, too, Jean! Thank you for your words of encouragement. :)
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  2. This is so inspiring, Martha. It's hard work, no doubt, but don't you love it? I know what you mean about feeling the hand of God guiding you as you pursue your passion - some days it feels like a breeze, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, most days it feels like a breeze, Corinne. For that, I am truly blessed. Writing takes time and dedication and hard work, but all of it is more than worth it in the end. I can't picture myself doing anything else!
      Love and blessings!

      Delete
  3. Martha, I'm so happy for you, that you're able to follow your passion! It seems I have more than one passion, therefore, it's super easy to get distracted and badly off course. God assures me He is in it all when the words come and I share them with others.

    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, it's not a bad thing to have more than one passion. Yes, we can get distracted, but what I've found is that the Alpha passion will finally take hold, and the rest become "hobbies" or heart-felt interests. I'd love to spend more time learning the nuances of photography and reading more books than I currently am, but I'm hearing God's call for the writing. I'm so glad our Lord is assuring you, telling you, to share your words with others.
      Love and blessings!

      Delete

. . . Good Tidings of Great Joy . . .

  . . . Good tidings of great joy . . . ~Luke 2:10 Pictured above are my daughter, Sarah, son-in-law, John, and their three girls, Virginia,...